STATUTES OF THE HUNGARIAN ACADEMIC COUNCIL OF SLOVAKIA
I. THE REALIZATION OF GOALS
The HUNGARIAN ACADEMIC COUNCIL OF SLOVAKIA (henceforth: the Association) is a nongovernmental organization which has been formed for an undefined length of time in order to support and develop science, scholarship and arts by Hungarians in Slovakia.
II. THE GOALS OF THE ASSOCIATION
The basic goals of the association:
- to support, represent, and help disseminate the results of science, scholarship and arts by Hungarians in Slovakia;
- to integrate Slovakia Hungarians in the academic life of Slovakia and the region;
- to co-operate with academic organizations in Slovakia and the region;
- to support the work of young Hungarian scientists and scholars in Slovakia;
- to organize scientific and scholarly meetings, symposia, courses, workshops, conferences, and lectures;
- to publish materials of the Association in printed and electronic formats.
III. NAME AND LEGAL ADDRESS
The name of the Association in the state language: Akademická Rada Maďarov na Slovensku
The name of the Association in Hungarian: Szlovákiai Magyar Akadémiai Tanács
The abbreviated name of the Association in the state language: AKRAM
The abbreviated name of the Association in Hungarian: SZMAT
The legal address of the Association: Park utca 4., 931 01 Somorja, Szlovák Köztársaság,
Parková 4, 931 01 Šamorín, Slovenská Republika
The Association carries out its activities on the territory of the Slovak Republic.
IV. CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
The external members of the public body of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS) who are citizens of Slovakia are also members of the Association.
In addition, any natural person can become a member of the Association who is a citizen of the Slovak Republic, holds an academic degree, is of Hungarian nationality, speaks the Hungarian language, or does research on a Hungarian topic. Any natural person can become an honorary member of the Association who has made a significant contribution to the development of Hungarian science, scholarship or arts in Slovakia through their work and accepts the Statutes of the Association.
8 November, 2013
Šamorín, Forum Minority Research Institute
János Dusza, president